Saturday, July 25, 2009

One Year... Well, Almost

I'm in the process of drafting a lease renewal for the condo we still own in Boston. Luckily our tenant wants to stay for another year, which saves us the time and hassle from having to find someone else. I noticed the lease date on the original lease - July 24, 2008 - just over 1 year ago.

It's sort of hard to believe that a year ago I was still managing a law firm in Boston, Allan was an executive sedan driver and jointly we were managing our condo in Boston. We were so excited to be leaving Boston's cold winter and to be moving to a year round warm, tropical climate. I had always wanted to drive cross country, and our 3,500 mile, 3 week expedition from Boston to Mexico last August certainly would qualify as fulfilling that dream.

I look at what we've accomplished in the past year and am sort of amazed at our progress. Admittedly I was sure we were going to succeed - but does one really know? We've managed to rank on the first page on Google under "playa del carmen property management", which has helped up acquire many clients in prime beach front properties like Casa del Mar. Through rental clients and good customer service we picked up properties to rent in The Elements. And through our networking in Playa we acquired clients in Natz Ti Ha. Our goal one year ago was to have 30 properties to manage, and I would say we've met that goal.

Considering the whole swine flu scare, which literally turned our rental business traffic to 0, the drug cartel propaganda which cut down rental inquiries and the failing global economy, for us to still be in business and to be thriving I would say is nothing less than amazing. We decided to open a business in Playa del Carmen during probably the worst time ever, and we succeeded. I can confidently say I am never fully satisfied - I always want to do better, acheive more. But when I look back and think and wonder, I do feel content and proud that we moved to Mexico, opened business, assimilated and are doing well.

Playa del Carmen Condo and Villa Vacation Rentals

No comments: