Friday, November 21, 2008

Leave Chocolate on the Balls

The following is an actual transcript of a conversation I had with my housekeeper, Zoila, regarding some chocolates I left in the guest bedroom for my 2 friends who were visiting this week. The conversation happened in Spanish, and although my foreign language skills are improving, there's much which can be misinterpreted. I was trying to explain that when she cleans the guest room to leave the chocolates on the pillows. However, I confused the words "cojines" (cushions) and "cojones" (balls).

Me: I've left some chocolate on the balls for my guests. Please leave them there.
Zoila: Excuse me?
Me: Please leave the chocolate on the balls in the guest bedroom.
Zoila: Balls?
Me: How do you say pillow?
Zoila: Almojada
Me: What did I say?
Zoila: You told me to put chocolate on your balls
Me: (In jest) Do you want to?

We'll see if she comes back to work next week... Perhaps she'll bring her friends!

Playa del Carmen Condo and Villa Vacation Rentals

2 comments:

My Way said...

That was awesome! Thank you for the Friday afternoon giggle!

Please screw up your Spanish more and post about it!

:)

Frankly Ronda said...

Yes - I also got a chuckle on that one!