Sunday, August 23, 2009

No Cell Phone Greetings

I am trying to uncover the reason why many Mexicans residing in Playa del Carmen don't have personal greetings on their cell phones. When I call and reach voice mail, more often than not I am greeted by the sound of talking in the background, or shouting children or nothing at all, rather than hearing (in Spanish, of course) "thank you for calling, I'm unavailable, please leave a message".

It's quite frustrating. I think - should I even leave a message? If they haven't put the thought into creating a greeting will they put the thought into checking their messages?

I've asked a few people why, but I haven't come up with a solid response. It's more, well, my brother has a personal greeting and so does my friend, but I don't - but then they never say why.

Playa del Carmen Condo and Villa Vacation Rentals

Tulum

Tulum

Tulum

Tulum

No comments: