Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Waking Up in West Virginia

Well, we woke up today at the Rodeway Inn in West Virginia. At $59/night I am not going to complain about the stains on the carpet, the hard bed, the fact that the place looks more like camping cabins, or that I expect hillbillies to bust into my room and drag us into the woods at any minute! It's clean, the room is big and the people are nice. The complimentary shampoo and conditioner don't compare to the luxurious brands at the Crowne Plaza - but there's a free breakfast (bonus!), so I'll take 20 more nights at this price.

I am trying not to feel like we're behind schedule after our late start on Monday. I keep trying to remind myself that we have no schedule - no where to be at any time. This is a life experience and we should enjoy every moment, enjoy it without rush or judgment. Why not take our time and enjoy the scenery?

Allan's just getting used to the complimentary in room coffee in plastic pouches and disposal drip trays. And thank God we have 2 dogs who sleep in late and don't whine and complain in the car. They just lie there happy as clams, content to be going where ever Allan and I go.

Time to go. It's 8am and we want to be on the road by 9. The sun's out and we expect sunshine for the rest of the day. Hopefully with an earlier start we'll have daylight throughout the drive to enjoy the scenery.

Playa del Carmen Condo and Villa Vacation Rentals


Mitzi, Allan and Rickey say goodbye to the Rodeway Inn, West Virginia. Yee haw!

Rickey's the attack Republican - not me.

What great dogs! Can't you see the smile on Mitzi's face? She just loves driving with us.

No comments: